You know those days that feel just-so-perfectly-fall? You come home after a brisk walk, light all your fall candles and curl up with a cable-knit throw? Just me?
What’s missing in this picture is a big bowl (or mug) of hearty soup. The problem is, I don’t have hours to slave over the stove to get the flavorful bowl of deliciousness I so often see in recipe books and magazines. So like any smart lady, I turn to my crockpot.
You guys, I DID IT!
This is the best soup I’ve ever made — maybe ever tasted. Seriously, it’s that good. I’m so excited to share it with you! Make it this weekend (or tonight!) and play it off like you thought of it yourself. You can thank me later (baked goods will suffice, just email me for the mailing address).
- Two large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken, grilled and chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon of jarred garlic (or fresh!)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic chili sauce (like this one)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, quartered
Now throw everything into the crock pot and set it on low for 8 hours.
It’s really that easy.
You’re welcome. Happy Fall!