People, we have a winner.
With fresh banana peppers popping up everywhere, this recipe is a great way to take advantage of your local farmer’s market. And make sure you pick up some farm fresh tomatoes, too – they really make the dish!
*For those of you who don’t have banana peppers available, a regular green, red or yellow pepper will also work fine.
- 6 banana peppers
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 shallot (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 T dried parsley (or fresh if you have it!)
- 1 large chopped tomato
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup of your favorite shredded cheese – we choose mozzarella, but cheddar or a Mexican blend would also work well.
Prepare and cook quinoa according to the instructions on the package. Allow to cool.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Meanwhile, half the banana peppers (long ways) and remove seeds and pulp. Lay out on a cookie sheet or casserole dish.
Next, combine remaining ingredients and mix. Spoon into pepper and top with cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Now let your Mister (or Misses!) do the dishes — you’ve earned it.