Good morning and Happy Monday!
We had a pretty awesome weekend filled with visitors and lots of time outside. And the Mister and I even managed to get out for the new Batman movie last night — we honestly couldn’t even remember the last movie we went to see!
Anyway, with so much going on this weekend, we nearly missed our little man’s 17 month milestone! It’s been awhile since I provided an update and SO much has changed since just a few months ago.
Our little baby is a little boy. When did this happen? It’s as if I went to sleep one night and woke up the next day to a bigger, messier, faster, more confident version of my little baby. And as much as I miss my little snuggle bug, this little boy is pretty darn awesome — and still finds time to snuggle with Mama
At 17 months, Sawyer…
- Has developed a true sense of humor. Quite the jokster over here! He brings so much laughter and light into our lives.
- Runs! He gets tripped up at times, but little hobbler who was putt-sing around just a few months ago is long gone.
- Is eating me out of house and home. He’ll clear 1-2 pints of blackberries in one sitting.
- Is speaking full sentences.
- Says please and thank you (SO proud of him)
- Knows all his letters (although sometimes gets tripped up on D and P and U and Q )
- Knows all his shapes (and says them)
- Can count to 6 without help, can count to 10 with help.
- Still thinks he’s invincible and indestructible – it’s amazing that I haven’t yet suffered from heart failure. This boy is so much trouble
- Is starting to SING (my heart can barely take it)
New likes: “Jumping” on the bed, playing hide and seek ( this is basically ne running from room to room and him coming to “find” me), “flying” with daddy, looking for bunnies in the yard, playing with the hose, hiding under the covers, his cookie monster stuffed animal
New hates: Having to leave toys behind that aren’t his (at the library, book store, etc.)
Words of the month (that he loves to say over and over and over again!): Awesome, lucky, blackberries, silly guy, crazy, patient
Here’s to more belly laughs, splash fights, bedtime stories and jumping on the bed.