Remember when I promised I’d share my delicious (and fairly nutritious!) Yogurt Marmalade Cake recipe?
It’s time to deliver.
- 1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 cup (heaping) Plain, nonfat Yogurt
- 1 cup Sugar (or Splenda if you want to lighten things up)
- 3/4 cups egg-substitute (I used EggBeaters)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 whole Zest Of Lemon
- ½ cups Canola Oil
- 1/4 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cups prepared marmalade (I used apricot, but I’m sure anything would be delish!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of yogurt, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and canola oil until just combined. In a larger bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the wet ingredients and mix until combined (don’t overbeat).
Coat a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter into pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
Allow cake to cool slightly and remove from pan. Meanwhile, add marmalade to a saucepan on low heat and stir until melted. Next add the 1/4 cups yogurt and remove from heat. Stir to combine and pour on top of the cake, allowing the gooey goodness to pool along the sides. Serve warm.
Grab a cup of milk and eat to your heart’s content.