I’m about to let you in on a delicious discovery. Are you ready?
While it might not seem like the most natural flavor combination, I assure you it’s delicious! And stop scrunching your noes — I’m sure the person who invented the PB and banana combo got similar responses. But I didn’t “INVENT” this combination. per se. I did, however, create the PERFECT recipe. You’ve got to try it. Why? Because it will make you fall in love with me, and love is always a very good thing
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 avocados (pitted and peeled and cut into small chunks – about 1/2 inch)
- 1-2 lbs. watermelon (seeded and cut into small/med chunks – about 1 inch)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 red onion (peeled and sliced thin)
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil – do not leave this out!
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (chopped) - make sure you use fresh herbs, it makes ALL the difference
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Basically, throw everything into a bowl and toss lightly. Be gentle! It will still taste delish if you mix it too hard, but it won’t look nearly as pretty.
Doesn’t that look lovely?
If you want a bit more substance, lay scoops of this on top of a bed of spinach and sprinkle some feta cheese on top!
Your turn! What is your favorite summer salad?